Previously we had published a post on how to root your Quad core HTC One X.Now,in this tutorial we are going to show you how to root AT&T’s HTC One X which is in fact the same phone but with a dual core Snapdragon S4 processor.
Specs of the HTC One X:
- Android 4.0 with HTC Sense 4
- Dual-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 Krait
- 4.7-inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720
- 8MP camera with LED flash and 1080p HD video recording
- 1.3MP front facing camera
- 16GB Internal memory
- 1GB RAM
- Beats Audio
- NFC, Wi-Fi, DLNA, micro-USB 2.0, HDMI
- 1800 mAh battery
Note that rooting will void the warranty of your phone.
If you have no idea on what rooting is, here is a brief description for you:
Rooting is process which gives you super user permissions over your phone.You can uninstall/freeze manufacturer/carrier bloatware,install custom ROM’s like Cyanogenmod,MIUI etc.
- For backing up SMS,call logs,Gmail,Google calender use: “SMS Backup +“
- Please make sure that there is a minimum of 60% charge in your phone.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to ” Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” where the USB Debugging option should be ticked.
Warning:This article is for information purpose only, we are not responsible for any thing that happens to your phone in the process.You may try this at your OWN RISK.
Steps to root your AT&T HTC One X:
Step 1>>Download the HTC One X drivers from HERE.
Step 2>>Download the root.zip file from HERE.
Step 3>>Extract the above downloaded root.zip file using Winrar or any other decompressing software.
Step 4>>Now connect your AT&T HTC One X to your PC via a USB Cable.
Step 5>>Now double click on root.bat if you are on windows,root-linux.sh if you are on linux and root-mac.sh if you are on mac.
Step 6>>Your phone will reboot a number of times during the process and then you will have root access.