How To Root AT&T HTC One X–Easy Tutorial
Previously we had published a post on how to root your Quad core HTC One X.Now,in this tutorial we are going to show you how to root AT&T’s HTC One X which is in fact the same phone but with a dual core Snapdragon S4 processor.
Specs of the HTC One X:
- Android 4.0 with HTC Sense 4
- Dual-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 Krait
- 4.7-inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720
- 8MP camera with LED flash and 1080p HD video recording
- 1.3MP front facing camera
- 16GB Internal memory
- 1GB RAM
- Beats Audio
- NFC, Wi-Fi, DLNA, micro-USB 2.0, HDMI
- 1800 mAh battery
Note that rooting will void the warranty of your phone.
If you have no idea on what rooting is, here is a brief description for you:
Rooting is process which gives you super user permissions over your phone.You can uninstall/freeze manufacturer/carrier bloatware,install custom ROM’s like Cyanogenmod,MIUI etc.
- For backing up SMS,call logs,Gmail,Google calender use: “SMS Backup +“
- Please make sure that there is a minimum of 60% charge in your phone.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to ” Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” where the USB Debugging option should be ticked.