Install Cyanogenmod 9 On Samsung Galaxy Note–Easy Tutorial
The Samsung Galaxy Note has got it’s first Cyanogenmod 9 nightly build.
So want to flash/install Cyanogenmod 9 on your Samsung Galaxy Note?
Then this guide is for you!
Specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note
- 5.3-inch HD Super AMOLED WXGA Capacitive touchscreen with a 1280 x 800 pixel resolution
- Dual-core 1.4 GHz ARM Cortex-A9
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 8 megapixel camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording
- FM radio
- Memory expandable up to 32 GB via microSD
- Installing a custom ROM onto your phone will wipe all the data like SMS,Contacts,Music,Videos,Apps present in your phone.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note should be rooted with ClockWorkMod recovery installed.
- For backing up SMS,call logs,Gmail,Google calender use: “SMS Backup +“
- Also make a nandroid backup before flashing the ROM.
- The deveoper of the ROM recommends to update to this ROM from a CF-Root Stock Gingerbread ROM.Please see the Source link for more details.
Please make sure that there is a minimum of 60% charge in your phone to support the installation of the ROM.
Warning:This article is for information purpose only, we are not responsible for any thing that happens to your phone in the process.You may try this at your OWN RISK.
Note:This ROM is still in development stages so there be some bugs in the firmware.
Steps to install/flash Cyanogenmod 9 Onto your Galaxy Note:
Step 1>>Download the latest Cyanognmod 9 build from HERE.
Step 2>>Download Gapps package from HERE.
Step 3>>Now transfer both the zip files that you downloaded above to the root of your SD card i.e don’t put the zip files in any folders as it may become difficult to navigate in CWM.
Step 4>>Power off your phone and boot into recovery by simultaneously pressing UP+Home+Power buttons until a recovery mode screen appears.
Step 5>>Touch screen will not work in recovery so use the volume up an down buttons to navigate and power to select.
Step 6>>Now in the menu select “wipe data/factory reset ” and then select “yes“.
Step 7>>Now select “Install zip from sdcard>>choose zip from sdcard” and select the ROM file you downloaded in Step 1.
Step 8>>Wait for the installation to complete.
Step 9>>Now go back and flash the Gapps zip file you downloaded in Step 2 by following the same method as you did in Step 7.
Step 10>>Now,reboot your phone and Cyanogenmod 9 will be installed/flashed onto your device!