LG has officially launched the “Optimus UI 3.0″, an Ice Cream Sandwich skin for LG devices.One of the first devices to be getting the new UI will be the LG Optimus LTE II which will be launched this week in Korea and following it will be the Optimus 4X HD which is going to be lauched in June.According to LG the new UI will be having new features like an improved unlock function and Quick Memo.LG also claims that it’s new UI will be “UNOBTRUSIVE AND SIMPLE” as they had designed the UI with “ convenience and speed in mind”.
Additional features of the UI:
– the ability to unlock the phone by dragging anywhere on the screen;
– a new Pattern Lock that allows users to preset the most frequently used function,
such as the camera, which automatically opens once the phone is unlocked;
– a simpler version of Optimus UI 3.0 for new smartphone users which organizes the main applications so that
they are the easiest to access;
– a new Voice Shutter that allows users to capture photos using only voice commands;
– a special camera feature that enables users to pick up the best shot among multiple images including the
moment just before the shutter button is depressed;
– an Icon Customizer that provides an additional level of personalization by allowing users to set their own
photos as icons and shortcut images;
– the addition of a Download category to the menu for easier organization.