How To Root Sony Xperia S–Easy Tutorial
The Xperia S is a beautiful phone with a finely crafted body and unique design.The phone is also slated to receive Ice Cream Sandwich update soon and until then users will have to stick to Gingerbread on their phones.
So,want to root your phone on .63 ot .67 Gingerbread firmware?
Then this guide is for you!
Specs of the Sony Xperia S:
- 4.3-inch HD display (Resolution:1280 x 720)
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM
- 12 megapixel camera and 1080p video recording
- 1.3 megapixel front camera with 720p@30 fps
- 32GB internal memory
- HDMI port
Note that rooting will void the warranty of your phone.
If you have no idea on what rooting is, here is a brief description for you:
Rooting is a process which gives you super user permissions over your phone.You can uninstall/freeze manufacturer/carrier bloatware,install custom ROM’s like Cyanogenmod,MIUI etc.
- For backing up SMS,call logs,Gmail,Google calender use: “SMS Backup +“
- The bootloader of your Xperia S should be unlocked.The guide to unlock your phone’s bootloader can be found HERE
- Please make sure that there is a minimum of 60% charge in your phone.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging where the USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Make sure that you have the appropriate Xperia S drivers installed on your PC.
Warning:This article is for information purpose only, we are not responsible for any thing that happens to your phone in the process.You may try this at your OWN RISK.
fastboot flash system system_xps_prerooted_63fw.img
fastboot flash system system_xps_prerooted_67fw.img