Sony has begun rolling the much awaited Android 4.0 a.k.a Ice Cream Sandwich update to the Xperia P.The device which launched with Gingerbread this year,was part of Sony’s new Xperia NXT series.The only drawback of the phone during it’s launch was the lack of ICS.Now with Sony finally releasing the ICS update to the Xperia P,the phone is worth a buy.
The rollout will start from today,continuing over the next few weeks in markets globally.While most of the users will get the update Over-The-Air(OTA),some users may have to use Sony’s PC Companion software.
Here are the full list of improvements:
- New ways to experience your media with new media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
Sony has also stated that the ICS update for the Xperia U, Xperia sola and Xperia go will be out soon.