Galaxy S II owners rejoice!Samsung has posted details regarding the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for your device! The details posted on Samsung’s Korean website reveal that the update will only be available through Kies and will bring in an improved homescreen while also improving performance.Samsung also states that the amount of user-available memory will be reduced from 12GB to 11GB and it is due to this re-partitioning of the internal memory that the amount of estimated time taken to upgrade will be about an hour.
The update will also add applications like Google+,Play Books and Play Movies along with adding the “Smart Stay” feature that debuted with the Samsung Galaxy S III.
The post however did not mention any specific time frame of when the update will go live.
Here are the full list of improvements:
Major Changes in the new Software Upgrade
1. Platform upgrade Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich → Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- improved Home screens and improved scrolling performance (thanks to project Butter)
- Improved usability for some applications
2. Preloaded applications
- Add Help
- Add Google+
- Add +Talk
- Add Play Book
- Add Play Movie
3. Newly added/improved functions
- Add Easy mode, Block mode
- Improved Camera functions: function like Pause while recording and more
- Add Smart Stay
- New functions like Pop-up play and more
- Improved some functions & applications usability