Want to flash/install Cyanogenmod 9.1(Ice Cream Sandwich) on your Xperia Sola?
Then here is an easy noob-friendly tutorial on how to do it!
Note: Continue at your own risk! We are not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.
- Your phone needs to have an Unlocked Bootloader.
- To unlock your phone’s bootloader visit:http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
- Installing a custom ROM will wipe all the data like SMS,Contacts,Music,Videos,Apps present in your phone.
- For backing up SMS,call logs,Gmail,Google calender use: “SMS Backup +“
Step 1:Flashing Kernel
- Download Cyanogenmod 9.1 for pepper from this XDA developers thread.
- Put the zip file you downloaded in the SD card of your phone.
- Extract the zip file and you will get a file named “boot.img“.
- Now download a program named Flashtool from:HERE
- Install Flashtool.
- Now navigate to C:\Flashtool\drivers and run Flashtool-drivers.exe to install the fastboot drivers for your phone.
- Now download the fastboot package from HERE and extract it.
- Place the “boot.img” inside the fastboot folder.
- Now right click inside the folder by holding shift and select “Open command window here“.
- In the command prompt window type “fastboot flash boot boot.img“.
- This will flash the CM 9.1 kernel onto your phone.
- Disconnect the phone.
Step 2:Installing/flashing Cyanogenmod 9 on your Sony Xperia Sola:
- Turn on your phone and start pressing the volume down key once the FXP logo appears.
- This will boot you into Clock Work Mod recovery(CWM).
- With the help of volume up and down keys select wipe data/factory reset>>yes.
- Select wipe cache partition>yes
- Select advanced>wipe dalvik cache>yes
- Now go back to the main menu and select install zip from sd card>choose zip>navigate to the folder where you put the Cyanogenmod 9 zip you downloaded in Step 1 >select FXP2**-UNOFFICIAL-pepper.zip>yes
- After the installation is complete select “Reboot system now“.
- If you want Google apps like Play store,Google maps etc. then download them from HERE and flash the zip through CWM recovery.