Want to root your Sony Xperia L?
Then here is an easy noob-friendly tutorial on how to do it!
Note: Continue at your own risk! We are not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.
- Your phone needs to have an Unlocked Bootloader.
- To unlock your phone’s bootloader visit:http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
- Installing a custom ROM will wipe all the data like SMS,Contacts,Music,Videos,Apps present in your phone.
- For backing up SMS,call logs,Gmail,Google calender use: “SMS Backup +“
Procedure to root your Sony Xperia L:
- Visit http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and follow the instructions to unlock the bootloader of your phone.
- If you were successful in unlocking the bootloader,then I would assume that fastboot is already setup on your computer.
- Download the Sony Xperia L extended stock bootloader from here:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/phbv246q65ri1/TaoShan
- Extract the above file and place the boot.img inside the fastboot folder on your PC.
- Now power off your phone.
- Enter fastboot mode by connecting the phone via a USB cable to your PC while pressing the Volume up button.
- Open Command Prompt(open run and type cmd) and navigate to the fastboot folder.
- Now type fastboot flash boot boot.img.
- This will flash the kernel on your device.
- Congratulations you have finally rooted your Sony Xperia L.