This guide will show you how to root your HTC Desire 500.Rooting your Desire 500 smartphone will give you better control over it.
Th HTC Desire 500 is a mid range smartphone from HTC with a Quad Core 1.5 GHz processor,1GB RAM,8MP camera and a 4.3 inch 480 x 800 resolution display.The phone comes with Android 4.1.2 out of the box.The HTC Desire 500 also costs a bit higher than smartphones which are in the same price range making it a not-so-viable choice.The phone if good for first time Android users as it offers pretty descent performance.
Note: Continue at your own risk! We are not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.
Steps to root your HTC Desire 500 smartphone:
- Download the files required for rooting from HERE.
- Unlock your phone’s bootloader at http://www.htcdev.com/
- Copy the Clock Work Mod zip to your SD card.
- Now create a folder named “android” in your “C” drive.(You can create it in any drive of your choice but for the sake of convenience I’ll be taking drive “C”)
- Now copy the ” CWMRecovery_D500_Philz.img” to that folder.
- Rename the file to “recovery.img”.
- Turn off the phone.
- Now turn it on by pressing Volume down key+”-” key+Power button.
- With the help of volume keys select “Fastboot” by pressing the power key.
- Connect you Desire 500 to your PC and install all the required drivers.
- Download ADB and extract it to to C:\android
- Now open command prompt and type: “c:” and after that type “cd c:/android”
- Now type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Power it on by holding volume down+ “-” +power button.
- Navigate to the option named “RECOVERY” and press the power key.
- You now have CWM recovery installed!
Installation of SuperSu:
- Download SuperSu from HERE.
- Now go into CWM recovery and the flash the zip.