This simple guide will show you how to root your Sony Xperia Play.Rooting your Sony Xperia Play allows you to customize your smartphone as per your needs.
The Sony Xperia Play was Sony’s attempt in bringing Smartphone with a Playstation gamepad.The peria play was the first phone to come with Sony’s Playstation certification.
The Xperia Play comes with 4″ inch display,512MB RAM,5MP Camera,1GHz scorpion processor and a PSP-like gamepad.Also,the Sony Xperia Play was the only device in Sony’s 2011 lineup to not get updated to Ice Cream Sandwich.
- You need to have a Windows PC
- This method will only work if you are on Android 2.3(Ginger Bread)
Follow these steps to root your Sony Xperia Play on Gingerbread:
- Download the Sony Xperia Play rooting package from HERE.
- Extract the above download zip file on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Xperia Play by navigating to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
- Connect your Sony Xperia Play to your PC.
- Now navigate to the directory that you earlier unzipped and double click on “runme.bat”
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your phone is now successfully rooted.