This guide will show you how to root your HTC One Max.Rooting your One Max will give you better control over it.
The HTC One Max is the bigger brother of the HTC One.The phone has the same features of the HTC One except the giant 5.9-inch screen.Other features include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor,2GB RAM,4MP rear camera,1080 video recording and 3300 mAh battery.The HTC One Max is quite expensive compared to Samsung’s flagship Galaxy Note 3 ,which offers better features at a much cheaper price.
Note: Continue at your own risk! We are not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.
Procedure to root your HTC One Max:
- The first thing you need to do is to unlock your phone’s bootloader.
- Go to http://www.htcdev.com/ to unlock your phone’s bootloader.
- Download Clock Work Recovery(CWM) from HERE.
- Now create a folder named “android” in your “C” drive.(You can create it in any drive of your choice but for the sake of convenience I’ll be taking drive “C”)
- Now copy the “ recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11-t6xx.img” to that folder.
- Rename the file to “recovery.img”.
- Turn off the phone.
- Now turn it on by holding the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Now with the help of volume rockers select “fastboot” and press the power button.
- Now connect your phone to your PC.
- Make sure you have all the drivers installed.
- Download ADB and extract to C:\android.
- Now open command prompt and type: “c:” and after that type “cd c:/android”
- Now type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Now boot into HBOOT and select “recovery”
Installation of SuperSu:
- Download SuperSu from HERE.
- Now go into CWM recovery and the flash the zip.